Wattbike 500m Competition at The Alpine Challenge
Posted by Matt Moran on Aug 23, 2012
As Official Training Partner for The Alpine Challenge we wanted to do something special for participants in this great event. Last year we gave away a holiday to the winners of the Wattbike Competition and we thought, well, we have to do the same again this year. So, we've teamed up with Stephen Roche Cycling Holidays and Training Camps to offer a female and male rider a 4-night stay on the beautiful island of Mallorca and thrown in bike hire, half-board accomodation and guided rides to round off the perfect training camp experience. If you want to know what a few days in Mallorca at the Camp is like then check out my blog from my February trip.
How do I win such a great prize you may ask? Well, it's really quite simple, all you need to do is take part in our Wattbike Competition in Annecy and set a time over 500 metres on the Wattbike. Just by taking part we'll throw your name in a hat and Stephen himself will draw the winner at the Celebration Dinner on the final evening of the event. It really is the taking part that counts.
Not wanting to supress the competitive amongst you, we'll have prizes for the highest female and male power-to-weight ratio in each hotel based on your 500 metre time trial on the Wattbike. If you do win, you'll get to choose between Wattbike cycling kit or a training session with Wattbike Sport Scientist, Eddie Fletcher as your prize. Not bad, eh?
Here are a few videos from last year's Wattbike Compettion at The Alpine Challenge where we were looking for the best female and male Peak Power, the first is from the male winner, Dan Scott, who put out an impressive Peak Power of over 1400W!
It's also the perfect time for you to talk to us about how training with power can revolutionise your cycling, whether you are an all-out racer or just want to go faster in your regular sportives, not to mention taking a look at how you can improve your pedal technique using the Wattbike's Polar View. And with winter fast-approaching (sorry for mentioining that) it's time to really focus in on how you want to train to have a great 2013. There'll be 5 'Wattbikers' in Annecy for you to chat to, so please do take the time to say hello and ask us for advice.
Wattbike – The Alpine Challenge Competition – Terms & Conditions
- The Wattbike Alpine Challenge Competition is open to all entrants of The Alpine Challenge 2012, excluding employees of Wattbike Limited, organisers and sponsors of The Alpine Challenge 2012, or any of their subsidiary companies, their families, agents or anyone else connected with this promotion.
- A competition will be run in each hotel, except for Adagio Annecy Centre and Hotel Novotel Annecy, which will take place in Hotel Novotel Annecy. Please give the name of your hotel on entry if you are residing at either of these locations as a winner will be selected for each hotel. If you are participating as 'Entry Only' you are welcome to take part in the Wattbike Competition at the Hotel Novotel Annecy.
- The competition consists of a timed 500 metre ride on a Wattbike. The winner will be determined by the highest power-to-weight ratio based on the timed distance. You will be required to be weighed prior to taking part. Your entry will need to take place in the presence of a Wattbike employee for verification purposes.
- The prize for the best power-to-weight ratio for female and male in each hotel will be a choice of Wattbike cycling kit or a training session with Wattbike Sport Scientist, Eddie Fletcher at his Lab in Evesham, UK. Date with Eddie Fletcher to be taken at a mutually convenient date.
- Every person taking part in the Competition will go into a random draw to take place at the Celebration Dinner taking place 8th September. A female and male will each win a 4 night stay at Stephen Roche Training Camp.
- The 4 night stay at Stephen Roche Training Camp includes 4 nights half-board accommodation at Hotel Ponent Mar in Palma Nova, Mallorca; beer, wine and soft drinks with your meals; Guided Rides run by Stephen Roche Ride Captains; and Bike Hire. Flights and transfers are not included. Holiday may be taken between 9th February and 5th April 2013 or 20th September and 18th October 2013.
- Wattbike's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- This promotion is governed by English Law and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
The promoter of this Competition is Wattbike Limited, Vermont House, Nottingham South & Wilford Ind. Est., Nottingham, NG11 7HQ, United Kingdom.