You can now experience real world routes indoors with Rouvy! The new integration allows you to enjoy Rouvy’s animated 3D rides in 2D videos which give the feel of truly cycling outdoors as well as access to structured workouts, fitness tests, and live community leaderboards.
Wattbikers, you are now able to connect your trainer.
For smart trainer users - next generation Wattbike Atom, Atom 2017 or Atom X - the Rouvy augmented reality (AR) app will control the Wattbike to simulate the gradient changes for you and mimic the feeling of riding outdoors.
For those of you that enjoy riding our Pro/Trainer and Nucleus bikes, the connectivity to the Wattbike will allow data to be sent to the Rouvy AR app, so although the app will not control the bike to simulate gradient changes, you will be able to enjoy this authentic riding experience.
Rouvy is the official partner of high profile events including IRONMAN and La Vuelta, allowing users to take part in exclusive and official virtual races.
How to get set up
- Turn on your Wattbike
- Launch RouvyAR app
- Choose a route from the ride selection on Rouvy screen
- Click on the 'Connect Sensors' button in top left of screen
- The RouvyAR app will search for all available connections and will try to connect automatically
- Check the 'Power Source', 'Cadence' & 'Controllable' sensors list the correct Wattbike serial number (if not click 'change' and choose another from the list) or if any sensors aren't connected click the green 'Connect' button to search for them manually. For non-smart bikes (ProTrainer, Nucleus) choose ‘Power Source’ & ‘Cadence’
- Click the 'X' in top right of the screen to close the Cycling Devices screen
- The black box in top left corner should now show live power & cadence values
- Press green 'Start' to begin your ride
Keep your eyes peeled on our social media channels for fun challenges with Rouvy coming soon! @wattbike