The Maximal Ramp Test
Why complete this test
We recommend that you only undertake this test if you are overseen by experienced accredited sports scientist. This is the ‘gold standard’ test designed to find your MMP and MHR.
When to use the Max Ramp Test
Use this test when you want to find your true MMP and MHR. As mentioned above, only undertake this test if you are overseen by a qualified professional.
What is the Max Ramp Test
It’s an incremental test to exhaustion, the target wattage increases by a set amount every minute until failure. The final full minute completed is where MMP and MHR are recorded.
How to complete the Max Ramp Test
- From the main menu select workouts/tests
- On the test screen, select Max Ramp Test
- Input your age, weight and gender and the Start and Stage Wattage, then press enter
- Once the progress bar has disappeared, you can start your test
- The live display will show time remaining in that stage, cadence, interval, wattage target, power perkily heart rate and peak power
How to interpret the results
Following the test, a ‘test’ screen will automatically appear which displays:
- Power Per Kilo
- VO2 Estimate
- METs (represents the intensity of the test)
You can press the right arrow to switch between tabs for more information. For advice on how to read an interpret this data, read Wattbike Data 101 - An Ultimate Guide To Wattbike Data For Beginners
If you miss this summary screen, don’t worry, all test data is stored and can be accessed in Recall.