Being able to connect Apple devices to your Wattbike smart bike and training apps quickly and efficiently before starting a session will make that virtual race, or challenge all the more enjoyable. We’ve taken some of the frequently asked questions and provided a step by step guide for mastering your set up. We recommend when trying to connect your bike to third party apps you use the free trials to make sure you have the right software for the connection, before paying for a full subscription.
HOW TO CONNECT THE WATTBIKE HUB APP WITH APPLE HEALTH
1. Log into your Wattbike Hub account via your smart device.
2. Select 'Settings' within the menu, select 'Profile' and scroll to the bottom of the screen. You will see the logos for Strava, Training Peaks and Apple Health.
3. Select the Apple Health link and you’ll be taken to the Health Access page. Turn ‘All Categories On’ and tap ‘allow’ on the top right hand corner.
For all future Wattbike Hub sessions, health data will push automatically to the synced app once good WiFi connection has been established.
Whilst we’re on the subject, it’s worth adding that just like Apple Health, the Wattbike Hub connects to Google Fit. So whether you’re using an iOS device or Android, you can view the hard work you put in on the Wattbike alongside your personal health data. Seamlessly. Accurately.
HOW TO PAIR YOUR APPLE WATCH TO THE ZWIFT APP
Competing against your cycling friends and family on Zwift is a perfect solution to adding variety to your Wattbike training programme.
Connect your Wattbike to Zwift via Bluetooth or ANT+ (learn howhere) , and you’ll see your speed, power and cadence stats in real time as you compete against fellow riders or stroll along on a casual group ride. You can also connect your Apple Watch with this step-by-step guide:
1. Download Zwift on your Apple iPhone
2. Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone
3. Install the Zwift app on to your Apple Watch
4. Open the Zwift app on your phone and log in, accepting any bluetooth permission requests
5. In the pairing screen on your iPhone, pair your Wattbike under ‘power source’. Tap on heart rate and an option to pair your Apple Watch will show up. Follow the screen prompts which will ask you to allow access to the Health Data and ask you to turn all health permissions ‘on’.
6. Tap on Let’s Go on your Zwift app and start riding. Your apple watch will show ‘In Game’ in green on the screen and your HR should be visible on both the watch and screen.
For a step-by-step guide on how to connect your Wattbike to Zwift via Bluetooth and Ant+, view our support pagehere.
You can also watch a fullvideoon how to pair your Apple Watch to Zwift.
HOW TO STREAM OR CONNECT TO APPS VIA APPLE TV
To link to Apple TV, you will first need to connect your Wattbike to the desired application on your phone or smart device via Bluetooth. Once the app on your device has been connected to your Wattbike, swipe up on your device to connect via screen mirroring, pictured below.
The final steps to establish the connection between your Apple TV and your iOS device will ask you for a 4-digit code. This will be displayed on your TV. Please enter this on your iOS device then press 'OK' to establish this connection. You will now be able to open your desired application and stream this display onto your TV.
In addition to the above, you could also connect to your device using aLightning Digital AV Adapter. Once this is connected to your iOS device you will then be able to use a standard HDMI cable to share the screen across to your TV. For the Wattbike AtomX and Nucleus, you can connect an HDMI cable straight into the Performance Touchscreen if you are just using the Wattbike Hub app.
Should you have any issues connecting your bike to your TV, please ensure both your Wattbike and your iOS device are connected first via bluetooth before connecting to your TV. If your issues persist, please feel free to contact our support team and submit your request onlinehere.
Get The Most From Indoor Cycling with Wattbike
If you’re looking for a personal coach in your pocket, look no further than our very own smartphone app, theWattbike Hub. Built-in workouts let you test, train and analyse your performance all from one simple digital platform.
Or if you’re looking to advance your training into the virtual world and connect to some of the best training apps for your next generation Wattbike Atom, you can find out morehere.